The Army Influence

Dreams, aspirations, rants, more rants, life updates, rants....hope you got the picture

03 November 2008

You people do not know everything despite what you may believe

Hello all,
Its ranting time!!!!!!
I would first like to point out that I am indescribably glad that I did not attend high school here in Chicago, and I am especially grateful that I did not participate in JROTC here.
It seems like a select few that are now college students, (and supposed to be mature young adults) have a know-it-all, right of entitlement attitude.
Just because you were the Commander of City Corps Staff, went to Nationals for drill team( my question now becomes, did you place in anything or did you just show up?) does not mean you know everything about drill. Just because you can spout off the drill and ceremonies manual FM number (which is FM 3-21.5 by the way) does not mean you know how to use it, because it is quite plain that you rarely ever opened it to read the table of contents. It should also be noted that competition drill is more of an art, then science. That being said, you should not make a comment to two other people who have done drill for the same amount of time as you (if not longer) that we can't drill (please note that the look on my companions face was absolutely PRICELESS!!!) is not necessarily the best way to make friends, but a great way to make enemies.

Now there is also those of you who believe that you know everything about color guard!!! You then proceed to tell me how to do my job, because you think that you are better than me because I am from Iowa. Oh, and why bother asking me if I want your opinion (which I don't) when you are going to give it to me anyway? Not to mention the claims behind your opinion/argument are sorely lacking. You claim that I am not the best candidate for OIC, well then why the hell was I picked for it? You claim that I don't care about how the CG looks when it performs, when in fact I am not the one who showed up IN CIVILIAN CLOTHES. So lets not go there about professionalism, or anything like that. I would also like to mention that this is not JROTC, we can't have practice every week, you cannot force people to be there. You have to remember school/grades are of higher importance then color guard. One last thing when teaching right shoulder arms, no where in the FM does it say anything about "flaring" the rifle before placing it on your shoulder, thats just some gay thing that you did in honor guard, so please stop teaching it to my color guard cadets.

Now for the next one.... Please do not tell me how to set up a formal event color guard when you do not have the details. Just because that is how you did it back in JROTC, does not mean that it will be done that way in ROTC. I am the one who talks to MSG about upcoming events and I know what is expected, so please do not try and tell me how to do my job... Especially in front of other cadets.

Oh and to all the other MSI's who think they are awesome...... You're not, you piss off the the 2's, 3's and 4's more than usual. We are MSI's we dont know crap, we are still learning, and in the end we are all here to obtain the same goal... to be 2LT's in the U.S. Army.. Well, some of us are, others wont make it past MSI year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home