The Army Influence

Dreams, aspirations, rants, more rants, life updates, rants....hope you got the picture

03 June 2009

Things I've learned.... Haven't we been here before?

Yes, I'm pretty sure we have, but come on you can't tell me you didn't get a kick out of the first installment. At any rate here goes:
  • Color Guard in Chicago is not Color Guard in Ottumwa
  • 3/4 is bigger than 1/8... or is it the other way around
  • Thing is neither a technical nor tactical term, nor is there.
  • Teachers from foreign countries are very hard to understand, especially in french
  • A stress fracture sucks.
  • MRI's are the reason claustrophobia exists
  • The Illinois flag will try and fall off the pole at the worst possible times
  • Flag poles and chandeliers do not go well together
  • The CTA is often times more reliable then the intercampus shuttle
  • I have become more experienced in acronym courtesy of UIC and ROTC
  • After 3 days in the field, then in a tightly packed van, the 3 day no shower smell gets to be a little more powerful.
  • You haven't had an interesting birthday til you spent it on an FTX learning 1st aid, and weapons assembly and disassembly.
  • College kids get at least a month of winter break.
  • Even though there is a sign at restaurant that says please use other door, I will always try the door with the sign.
  • Crash Bandicoot is awesome, but its also the only game I'm good at.
  • My hand/eye coordination still sucks
  • I have actually found someone that dances worse than me
  • When moving out of the parents, one must consolidate ones things. However, I still ended up with a lot of stuff!
  • I am still a blonde/ ditz
  • I am further proof that not all snowflakes are symmetrical
  • Cars can still operate if their gas caps are open
  • High heels are still my friend, right down to the "pair" hanging in my living room
  • My family and friends enable my penguin obsession
  • There is people in my school who know people in Ottumwa
  • Basketball is contact sport, mostly my face with the ball
  • Me + coffee= HYPER
  • I'm still the future of the US Army.... that should still scare you.
  • For some reason I'm not allowed to have sharp objects for extended periods of time
  • Pillars that hold up overpasses do not move, but they really really hurt.
  • I spin when I tread water
  • I still squeak, and I think it scares some people
  • My hair will get into places/things I've never been/seen
  • Due to the above statement a common phrase is "dammit sara/f***ing higgins"
  • Most of my friends are a year or more ahead of me, or they are at a different school
  • There are alternative pronunciations to Carnegie, frontier, and drought according to a certain history professor
  • The saying everyone has a twin, well I think most of Ottumwa's twins are here in Chicago
  • Romeoville nor the Chicago skyway are going to get me back to Iowa.
  • There is no Sonic in Chicago
  • There are days I wish I had a car, but my friends are eternally glad I do not, though I'm not sure why... I'm a decent driver.
  • There is some irony having a british teacher for an american literature class
  • I've changed some, but not much.. I'm still me only a little older.
  • I've learned to stay away from the vegetarian option at UIC cafeteria's
  • Staying away from UIC cafeteria's might not be a bad plan in general
  • I can't march, because I'm from Iowa
  • I apparently have an accent.
  • I'm ticklish as ever
  • bifurcated tree... thats all I'm sayin
  • Hooker Mountain actually exists.
I was looking for a way to sum up my freshman year... looks like I found it! Hope it makes you smile! :-)

Oh yea, I probably forgot some stuff but I know you will all add to it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home